Basis@Gateshead or Basis@SunderlandSalary:
VoluntaryPart time role:
Basis is Oasis Community Housing’s service for anyone in need of housing support. Clients can drop in to the centres to access an array of services including accommodation advice, referrals to other projects, emergency food, internet access and shower and laundry facilities. Volunteers engage in a variety of tasks to help maintain the project and ensure that the people who come through our doors are welcomed and well supported.
- Providing practical support for service users (e.g. helping with laundry).
- Befriending and engaging with service users whilst in the project. Simply being a listening ear can be invaluable for socially excluded individuals with chaotic lifestyles.
- Encouraging service users, recognising and celebrating progress.
- Challenging negative behaviour and attitudes, when appropriate.
- Notifying the Project Team Leader of any concerns relating to the Health & Safety of service users, their immediate family, or which may pose a threat to the Health & Safety of staff and other volunteers. This helps in assessing the risks on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Maintaining a friendly and open relationship with the service user while observing the professional boundaries protocol outlined during the induction training session.
- Attending and participating in volunteer meetings, volunteer development, awareness and training opportunities.
- Adhering to Oasis Community Housing’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
Key skills, qualities and experience needed for the role:
- Good listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to relate to, respect and empathise with people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- An understanding of the issues linked to homelessness, or a willingness to learn.
- A good understanding of personal strengths and limitations.
- Clear sense of personal boundaries.
- The ability to provide a supportive and non-judgmental service.
- A willingness to engage in identified awareness, training and development sessions.